From Golden Telescope Research Guides
On the shelves
- Search the Library Catalog
- Search for keywords: Similar items will be nearby. For example, a search for Alexander the Great results in several books, located at 938.07 on the shelf. The books about him and about Greek history will be near each other on the shelf.
- Click on HISTORY for over 25 reference books. Sample titles: Ancient Europe, Encyclopedia of Clothing and Fashion,Encyclopedia of European Social History,Encyclopedia of Genocide and Crimes Against Humanity, Encyclopedia of Western Colonialism since 1450, World Eras (10 volumes) and more.
- Includes periodicals, newspapers, reference books, biographies, primary source documents, images & videos.
- Search topics, periodicals, journals, multimedia and more.
- to browse World History topics. Click on the WORLD HISTORY Button (Down the page on the left side). Browse the topics.
- Academic Journals and other scholarly resources - College level.
- Searches all relevant databases for your topic.
- Use a keyword search. As you begin typing it will suggest topics which may be helpful.
- First result often is a Research Starter which will provide a good overview of the topic.
- Use limiters, found on the left side of the results page, to narrow your search. An especially helpful limiter is Subject. Be sure to use the Show More link to access all the subject limiters.
- Use Advanced Search. Search your big topic and a subtopic and consider using ‘’’title’’’ or subject terms in the drop down menu to the right of the search box. This will limit your hits to the most relevant articles immediately.
- National History Day Recommended Resources
- Primary documents from around the world. Browse by continent and time period.
- Collaborative Digital Libraries - mulitmedia resources, presented bilingually between partner countries
- Individual Digital Collections - Digital collections from around the world
- Search for journal articles and legal opinions and articles. Will also search the RJ JSTOR account.
- Search for books available through Google; includes full e-access to many books and limited/preview access to others. Shows library or bookseller location if you want to obtain hard copy access.
- Use to find items in libraries in the area. Check out from the relevant library or order through ILL (Interlibrary loan) using SWIFT. Allow 7-10 days to receive the item via ILL.
Primary, Secondary & Tertiary Sources - What's the difference?
Evaluation Tools, Citation Tools & Database Passwords
|Basic evaluation form||Citing: When and Why||For Home Use|
|Advanced evaluation form . . . . . . . . . . . .||Citation examples . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
|How to use Easybib|