Turn of the Century - Twentieth Century Events - By decade
From Golden Telescope Research Guides
Resource for each decade 1900s-2000s
- Student Resources in Context > RJ Library > Databases > Student Resources in Context
- Follow these steps to access a portal for each decade.
- STEP ONE: Click Browse Topics on top menu bar.
- STEP TWO: Click Decade 1900 - 2000
- Exposition designed to showcase the USA to the world.
- One of the most influential American art shows.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, click Tour the Armory.
- The Ad*Access Project, funded by the Duke Endowment "Library 2000" Fund, presents images and database information for over 7,000 advertisements printed in U.S. and Canadian newspapers and magazines between 1911 and 1955.
- the Date tab will take you to the ads for specific years.
- Published by Time Life Magazine, photos and essays about events in each decade.
- Published by Lone Star College Kingwood Library. Many links to outside resources.
- ITN Source is the gateway to an incredible source of inspirational and iconic creative moving imagery.ITN Source represents the footage libraries of Reuters (including historic newsreel collections), ITN, ITV Studios, Fox News and Fox Movietone, UTV, Asian News International and other specialist collections.
- Gary West has contributed to the media with his own syndicated newspaper articles during the 1990's. His "this week in pop culture history" was a contributor to the History Channel and their version of the genre. Mr. Pop also echoed into such shows such as, "Behind The Hits," game show "Jeopardy" and other MTV/VH1 shows and countless radio shows. West was first published in 2006 with a book about the 1960's and has inspired others to write books about pop culture.
- History.com 1950s
- "McCarthyism is Americanism With Its Sleeves Rolled" Webquest Joe Ptak - JVLA
- The Family Fallout ShelterNebraska Studies
- Living Under a Mushroom Cloud: Fear and Hope in the Atomic AgeWisconsin Historical Society
- The Home Nuclear, Biological, Chemical (NBC) ShelterHomeland Security (Not a US Government site). Present day bomb shelter advice.
Evaluation Tools, Citation Tools & Database Passwords
|Basic evaluation form||Citing: When and Why||For Home Use|
|Advanced evaluation form . . . . . . . . . . . .||Citation examples . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
|How to use Easybib|