From Golden Telescope Research Guides
On the Shelf
- At RJ, Biographies are mixed in with other subjects. For example, the biography of a president is located in the American history area.
- Biographies have the name of the subject capitalized on the call number. For example, the biography Barack Obama, has the call number 973.931 OBAMA Dev
- You can search for a President by simply entering his last name as a key word search. The biography may be a section or chapter within a collection of biographies.
- Biography in Context (Gale)
- Student Resources In Context
- Academic Search Premier
- RJ Discovery Service
- Searches all relevant databases for your topic.
- Use a keyword search. As you begin typing it will suggest topics which may be helpful.
- First result often is a Research Starter which will provide a good overview of the topic.
- Use limiters, found on the left side of the results page, to narrow your search. An especially helpful limiter is Subject. Be sure to use the Show More link to access all the subject limiters.
- Use Advanced Search. Search your big topic and a subtopic and consider using ‘’’title’’’ or subject terms in the drop down menu to the right of the search box. This will limit your hits to the most relevant articles immediately.
Database Passwords for HOME use HERE or on sticker available from library.
- Go to the President's Library. Search for Presidential Library preceded by the President's full name, for example: William Clinton Presidential Library. Remember that the material at these websites is not bias free; they are portraying the president in a positive light.
- The White House: The Presidents The official government site for the sitting president is whitehouse.gov. This site also has biographical information about each past president.
Evaluation Tools, Citation Tools & Database Passwords
|Basic evaluation form||Citing: When and Why||For Home Use|
|Advanced evaluation form . . . . . . . . . . . .||Citation examples . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
|How to use Easybib|