Creation & Evolution Resources
From Golden Telescope Research Guides
On the Shelf
- The libraries have a number of titles that address Evolution, Creationism, Intelligent Design, etc.
- Search Terms: evolution, intelligent design, etc.
- Books can be requested from either division.
- Searches all relevant databases for your topic.
- Use a keyword search. As you begin typing it will suggest topics which may be helpful.
- First result often is a Research Starter which will provide a good overview of the topic.
- Use limiters, found on the left side of the results page, to narrow your search. An especially helpful limiter is Subject. Be sure to use the Show More link to access all the subject limiters.
- Use Advanced Search. Search your big topic and a subtopic and consider using ‘’’title’’’ or subject terms in the drop down menu to the right of the search box. This will limit your hits to the most relevant articles immediately.
- Excellent source of scholarly and professional journals.
- Search terms: evolution and religion OR evolution and bible OR evolution and scripture OR creationism OR "intelligent design"
- NOTE: For first time Off-Campus access CLICK HERE (Requires RJ Website Login).
- Only scholarly journals
- Search terms: See the terms listed above.
- Access to articles in religious publications. Includes Christian as well as the perspectives of other religions.
Database Passwords for HOME use HERE or on sticker available from library.
Virtual eBook Reference
- A supplement to the New Catholic Encyclopedia that focuses on the theme of science and the church.
- Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Section 282 - 301: Addresses topic of creation and the relationship of God to creation.
- Searches the content of scholarly books and journals
- Search terms: evolution and bible OR evolution and scripture OR evolution and religion OR creationism OR intelligent design
Evaluation Tools, Citation Tools & Database Passwords
|Basic evaluation form||Citing: When and Why||For Home Use|
|Advanced evaluation form . . . . . . . .||Citation examples . . . . . . . . . . . .|
|How to use Easybib|