Countries and Cultures
From Golden Telescope Research Guides
On the Shelf
- All Databases available at Academic > Library > Databases
- Searches all relevant databases for your topic.
- Use a keyword search. As you begin typing it will suggest topics which may be helpful.
- First result often is a Research Starter which will provide a good overview of the topic.
- Use limiters, found on the left side of the results page, to narrow your search. An especially helpful limiter is Subject. Be sure to use the Show More link to access all the subject limiters.
- Use Advanced Search. Search your big topic, for example "Ancient Greece," and a subtopic, such as "dress," using ‘’’title’’’ or subject terms in the drop down menu to the right of the search box. This will limit your hits to the most relevant articles immediately.
- View issues, statistics, images, and general information for a country or region.
- View issues, statistics, and general information for a country or region.
- Magazine, Newspapers, Online Books, Biography, Radio & TV, Country Reports, Primary Source Documents, Photos, Maps & Flags
Database Passwords for HOME use HERE or on sticker available from library.
- Key Features: Timeline - Important issues / Current news articles
- Statistical information and a great source for current political leaders and government information.
- International travel information, alerts, and warnings.
- US News has "The Best of..." rankings for different countries based on economics, education and other metrics.
- Representing large facts in relation to a person's own home is much more revealing than a simpler presentation of facts. This site allows comparisons using statistics from sources such as CIA Factbook and the World Health Organization.
Food and Recipes
- Listed by country
- A guide to food history and recipes, indexed by country.
Evaluation Tools, Citation Tools & Database Passwords
|Basic evaluation form||Citing: When and Why||For Home Use|
|Advanced evaluation form . . . . . . . .||Citation examples . . . . . . . . . . . .|
|How to use Easybib|