From Golden Telescope Research Guides
On the Shelf
- Call Numbers
- 611, 612 Anatomy
- Broaden your category when searching for a book. Your subject may be a chapter in a book.
- Example: Search for books on "Anatomy" for a Muscles, Heart, Lungs.
- Find books that include the history of a certain topic.
RJHS Subscription Databases
- Searches all relevant databases for your topic.
- Use a keyword search. As you begin typing it will suggest topics which may be helpful.
- First result often is a Research Starter which will provide a good overview of the topic.
- Use limiters, found on the left side of the results page, to narrow your search. An especially helpful limiter is Subject. Be sure to use the Show More link to access all the subject limiters.
- Use Advanced Search. Search your big topic and a subtopic and consider using ‘’’title’’’ or subject terms in the drop down menu to the right of the search box. This will limit your hits to the most relevant articles immediately.
- This will include selections from published reference books, magazines and biographies.
- Includes selections from encyclopedias, research updates, dictionary entries, news, biographies and images.
Database Passwords for HOME use HERE or on sticker available from library.
RJHS Selected Websites
- Medline Plus
- Published by the National Institute of Health.
- A web site from the United States government to help consumers locate reliable medical information including: online publications, databases, web sites, support and self-help groups, not-for -profit organizations, and government agencies. Includes links to medical dictionaries.
- Center for Disease Control and Protection
- An alphabetical list of diseases.
Evaluation Tools, Citation Tools & Database Passwords
|Basic evaluation form||Citing: When and Why||For Home Use|
|Advanced evaluation form . . . . . . . .||Citation examples . . . . . . . . . . . .|
|How to use Easybib|
|How to evaluate and select scholarly resources.|