American History - Marshall Court
From Golden Telescope Research Guides
On the Shelf
- Marshall Court & Marshall Court Decisions
- History Reference Center (EBSCO)
- Dedicated to history articles.
- HOW TO? Search on "Marshall" Limit the timeline to: US History -- Expansion and Manifest Destiny (1784-1860) Scan the results. There are articles on the Marshall court decisions.
- Many articles from research books on Marshall Court cases and decisions
- HOW TO? In upper LEFT search box, Enter "Marshall Court."
- Includes topic overviews, journals, news, periodicals, and more.
- Searches all relevant databases for your topic.
- Use a keyword search. As you begin typing it will suggest topics which may be helpful.
- First result often is a Research Starter which will provide a good overview of the topic.
- Use limiters, found on the left side of the results page, to narrow your search. An especially helpful limiter is Subject. Be sure to use the Show More link to access all the subject limiters.
- Use Advanced Search. Search your big topic and a subtopic and consider using ‘’’title’’’ or subject terms in the drop down menu to the right of the search box. This will limit your hits to the most relevant articles immediately.
- Primary Document Source - Text of Decisions and Opinions.
- HOW TO? Search using the case name: Example: mcculloch v. maryland LIMIT BY: "Only historic decisions"
- Oyez Project Chicago-Kent College of Law
- HOW TO? Choose year.
Evaluation Tools, Citation Tools & Database Passwords
|Basic evaluation form||Citing: When and Why||For Home Use|
|Advanced evaluation form . . . . . . . . . . . .||Citation examples . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
|How to use Easybib|